What is Restorative Dentistry?
Restorative Dentistry is supporting structures and the rehabilitation of the mouth to functional and aesthetic requirements of the individual. In essence, Salinas restorative dentistry aims to return your teeth to the healthiest state and keep them looking and feeling great. This requires a wide range of procedures and techniques that are used to correct and prevent problems in your oral health.
Dr. Mark Washburn has been a practicing Salinas dentist for more than 30 years and has a vast amount of experience working with his patients for the best desired outcome in the restorative dental process. Many patients ask Dr. Washburn, the Romie Lane Dentist, what options are available and how does the process work. To better understand what is involved let us first look at common procedures used:
- Crowns – Crowns are used to cover chipped, cracked, or damaged teeth. Dr. Washburn can match crown shapes and sizes to the rest of your teeth in order to make them improve the look of your smile and the strength of your teeth.
- Fillings – Fillings are commonly used after decay is removed from a tooth or to repair cracked or broken teeth. Fillings are designed to keep teeth feeling strong and allow for full tooth functionality.
- Endodontic treatment (root canals)– Endodontic treatments are used to save teeth that have been decayed or infected. The procedure should reduce discomfort in the teeth being treated.
- Bridges – When one or more tooth is missing, a bridge might be used to take its spot. Bridges provide a permanent solution for missing teeth and can help keep other teeth from shifting in your mouth.
- Dentures – Dentures can replace all or some missing teeth. This removable option can help keep your face from sagging due to missing teeth and can make eating and chewing easier.
- Implants – Although implants are fairly new to the world of dentistry, they reap great benefits to people who have missing teeth. Implants replace the roots of missing teeth and provide a foundation for replacement teeth. Implants can benefit your appearance, comfort, speech, and the ease with which you are able to eat.
Why choose Restorative Dentistry?
Think of Restorative Dentistry as the time machine of oral health care – it takes damaged and unhealthy teeth and restores them to their healthiest possible state. Investing in Restorative Dentistry can help ensure that your dental health is and remains as best as possible, which will also lead to better overall health. It does not just fix existing problems – it simultaneously works to prevent future dental issues. Dr. Washburn, your Salinas Dentist, encourages you to schedule a consultation to better understand what restorative needs you may or may not need.
Dr. Washburn likes to refer to Restorative Dentistry as the ‘total package’: better looking teeth, heightened mouth comfort and functionality, and overall oral health gains. Restorative Dentistry is a great way to regain your confidence in your smile and to promote great oral health in the future.
If you would like more information about any of the Restorative Dentistry procedures and you live in Salinas, Marina, or Seaside, please feel free to contact the office of Dr. Mark Washburn your leading Restorative Salinas Dentist.