Dental Crowns in Salinas, CA with Romie Lane Dentist
Brushing, flossing, and regular dental cleanings can prevent and solve many different oral health challenges. But even with the best quality in oral hygiene, it’s possible for teeth to become damaged, decay, or change appearance.
Dental crowns are a versatile procedure that helps dentists, like Dr. Washburn, address many different dental challenges. If you need – or suspect you may need – a dental crown in Salinas, Monterey, or any of the nearby cities, please contact us today at (831) 758-0959.
What is a Dental Crown?
Dental crowns are tooth-like “caps” that are placed on top of teeth. Known as a “dental prosthesis,” these crowns cover or cap some part of the tooth. They are made from tooth colored materials such as lithium disilicate and zirconia, which are very long lasting, durable, but above all else natural – so that even though you have capped your teeth, they still look perfect to the eye.
What Can Dental Crowns Do?
Crowns are one of the most important dental procedures that we do in the field. That is because they do more than tooth repair. Dental crowns can be used in many situations, and provide great benefits for patients that need them. Some of the benefits of dental crowns include:
• Protecting Weak Teeth – If your teeth have experienced damage or decay, crowns offer better protection.
• Tooth Restoration – If a tooth has broken or cracked, dental crowns can restore them to their previous appearance.
• Protect Fillings – When an already damaged tooth requires a filling, the crown can protect the filling from damage and further decay.
• Maintain Your Bite – Dental crowns help make sure that your teeth are able to connect in the right spot for chewing.
• Improve Appearance – These crowns can also offer cosmetic benefits, such as altering the look of misshapen teeth or helping to improve the look of your smile.
Crowns can also be used to hold or protect teeth after other procedures, such as bridges and implants. They are a versatile procedure – but one that requires considerable talent and experience to pull off properly.
CEREC – Same Day Dental Crowns
Dental crowns used to also require a third party. Dentists took measurements, ordered the crown, put in a temporary crown, and then replaced it when the new crown arrived.
But Dr. Washburn uses the CEREC dental crown system. CEREC crowns are created same day using CAD/CAM technology, which makes it possible to create a crown while you wait and place it right away. This helps ensure that the crown fits, reduces complications, and ensures that you do not need to take additional time off of work. CEREC is one of the many tools that we use to make sure your oral health is cared for. For more information, or to schedule your appointment, please contact us today at (831) 758-0959.